Strange white text color in plotly view based on zoom level

Which tool versions are you using?

SDK: v14.3.0
Platform: v24.06.6
Python: v3.11

Current Behavior

I have a plotly table in a PlotlyView. Depending on the screen I’m using and the zoom level, some of the lines in the table are shown in white font. This makes it impossible to read the content on a white background. This is of course really annoying for the users and it might also result in hiding important information from the user.

On 100% zoom:

If I zoom out (to 80% for example), the text turns to black. A 90% zoom level would strangely result in less lines with white text.

On 80% zoom:

It might be helpful to know

I have tested this with Chrome and Edge. Both show the same behaviour.
My guess is that it has to do with the screen resolution or it’s ratio. If I drag the browser to another screen (to the laptop screen for example), some other lines would have the white font.

Expected Behavior

Get the intended text color in any zoom level and screen resolution.

Hi @Sina ,

Could you check with Firefox (Edge and Chrome are built on the same technology I believe - Chromium)?

Also, did you check whether this also happens in the WebView?

If you are willing to try out alternatives, maybe consider using the TableView presented here:

There is also a TableView in progress:

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if this behaviour is directly related to Plotly or might be specific to the Viktor platform. Hopefully, my answer on WebView would give you some insights on that.

Firefox:
Trying with firefox would be impossible right now due to our company’s software policy. Even if this does not occur in Firefox, I think it’s not a practical solution to make our users to switch to Firefox.
If I ever get to test this in Firefox, I will let you know.

WebView:
I have tried it with webview. In this case I still get the same behaviour with a small improvement that it occurs only on zoom levels greater than 100%.

TableView:
TableView is a nice feature and I’ll surely use it when it’s added to the SDK. In this case, we have to discuss it internally to see if we should switch to TableView using the extra package. It seems like a reliable solution.