WebResult with url doesn't work correctly for feedback

Which tool versions are you using?

SDK: v14.5.0
Platform: v24.03.3
Python: v3.11.7
Isolation mode: venv/docker

Current Behavior

When using WebView and WebResult to display Help & Feedback page nothing is shown (blank screen)

Expected Behavior

Page in my code should display the Help & Feedback page where user can share their feedback.

Context (optional, but preferred)

page_3 = Page('Feedback & Release Notes', views=['get_feedback'])
@WebView("Feedback",duration_guess=1)
    def get_feedback(self, params, **kwargs):
        return WebResult(url='https://**********.viktor.ai/workspaces/54/app/tickets/new')

It worked just fine while displaying wikipedia, but it struggle with this site.
I want users to be able to leave their feedback after clicking one button.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the post, this seems like a very interesting use-case to me, exciting stuff!

Currently there does not seem to be a clear way to reach the exact result you’re trying to build. The reason for that is that you need to be a logged-on user to fill out a feedback form (even using the form link) and the Iframe that’s being used to build your WebView doesn’t have access to that information for security reasons.

I’ll make a Feature Request to see whether there are more people looking for this particular option.

In the meantime, you could consider just having a button in the webview which opens the link in a new tab, in that new tab the user is then able to fill out the form

Hopefully that helps!

The Feature Request can be found here

Thanks for the feedback @Daniel , definitly an intersting use-case.

@JanAulich have a look at this code beam-analysis-app/app.py at c47448c22d34cf0370fc19a560488de774dc4dc0 · viktor-platform/beam-analysis-app · GitHub
Its an example of button on the webview.

More specifically, looks at the “whats_next” function and the “next_step.html” file.