Plaxis sample-calculation fails

When I try to use the embankment sample on github, I get this error when trying to run the calculation from Viktor. I’m pretty new to this, so I’ve could have done a lot of things wrong on my way to running the app. Are there any obvious reasons to this?

Error on worker:
2023-02-14 15:34:54 INFO Received (1) job_pointer: 115293
2023-02-14 15:34:54 ERROR EXECUTION_ERROR: Error calling executable - err: exit status 1
stdout:
stderr: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Python\plaxis\scripts\run_plaxis.py”, line 14, in
subprocess.Popen([PLAXIS_PATH, f’–AppServerPassword={PASSWORD}‘, f’–AppServerPort={PORT_I}']) # Start the PLAXIS remote scripting service.
File “subprocess.py”, line 858, in init
File “subprocess.py”, line 1311, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Systemet finner ikke angitt fil

2023-02-14 15:34:54 INFO Sending result_pointer: 115293

Error on app:
2023-02-14 15:34:53.072 INFO : Job (uid: 115292) received - EntityType: Embankment - call: run_plaxis
2023-02-14 15:34:54.600 INFO : External analysis not yet finished, waiting 1 seconds to retry…
2023-02-14 15:34:55.713 ERROR : Exception is raised
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “viktor_connector\connector.pyx”, line 288, in connector.Job.execute
File “viktor\core.pyx”, line 1725, in viktor.core._handle_job
File “viktor\views.pyx”, line 1837, in viktor.views.View._wrapper
File “C:\Users\pga\viktor-apps\sample-plaxis-main\app\embankment\controller.py”, line 76, in run_plaxis
generic_analysis.execute(timeout=600)
File “viktor\external\external_program.pyx”, line 384, in viktor.external.external_program.ExternalProgram.execute
File “viktor\external\generic.pyx”, line 81, in viktor.external.generic.GenericAnalysis._handle_execution_error
viktor.errors.ExecutionError: Cannot complete analysis, please check inputs, configuration file and server

Hi pga,

Welcome to the VIKTOR community!

From your description it looks like you have installed the worker and have defined the Python interpreter in Plaxis. In the readme on the github repo step 3 describes setting the PLAXIS_PATH and PASSWORD. These should be edited in the app/lib/plaxis.py file. The plaxis path should be a valid path to your Plaxis2DXInput.exe. Have you defined both correctly?

Hi, thank you. The problem was that I’ve used the instructions from Software integrations - PLAXIS | VIKTOR Documentation

By using the instructions above. I thougth that I should create my own run_plaxis.py script, but this is sent from Viktor to the worker. This caused the problems, also the name should then be “plaxis.py”.

Plaxis has made major changes in the new version, this includes that a number of material properties has changed names. Is it possible to get a sample that is compatible with the new version? This would help a lot for new users.

Hi pga,

We don’t have an updated sample script yet. I have notified our team to update the documentation and the sample script so that it corresponds to the latest Plaxis release. Thanks for letting us know!

I’m trying to update it but something is not working. I’m trying to change the parameter that is input in Plaxis from “MaterialName” to “Identification”. I tried changing it in MaterialParametrization.py and plaxis.py but the parameter name stays the same. Is this something you can help me with?

Hi pga,

It sounds like your problem is related to the Plaxis API. Please refer to their docs.