Option to send an email to all users within a user group

Description of the limitation and why it is relevant to address

As a workspace/environment admin I want to have the option to send selected user groups of a specific workspace emails. This way I will be able to quickly inform them of new updates.

I think this is relevant for the users of an application so they get more involved and get notifications of new updates that they might be interested in. This can be a reason for them to use the app again.

Submitter proposed design (optional)

A new tab in the workspace administrator panel where you can select the user group by a dropdown and type some text with a Title (email) and press a send button.

Or a button that extracts all emails from the user group and opens your email application and puts them in the TO field.

Current workarounds

You can export the users list of a workspace and do it that way:

Download all users as Excel → Create a filter in Excel → Filter user group → Copy email column → Paste it in email application → Format the email addresses (you can maybe use “check names” option in outlook) → Write the update email.

hi @RahmanOzdemir , thanks for your feature request! Are you aware that you can download all the workspace users from the admin panel? That download also contains the usergroups that the user is in

Hi @matthijs, thanks for pointing this out, I missed it. I will add it to the Current Workarounds section.

It’s still something that you don’t want to do every time you want to send a message, since users can be added/removed in between updates.
Download all users as Excel → Create a filter in Excel → Filter user group → Copy email column → Paste it in email application → Format the email addresses (you can maybe use “check names” option in outlook) → Write the update email.

What are the main moments that you want to send a message to end-users? And what would be the content? I’m asking because that helps make a good solution for your limitation

Is it mainly new version of the app?

This way I will be able to quickly inform them of new updates.

Also: could you share why you want to send it only to a specific subset of the users (a specific usergroup) and not all?