Make it more visible where the source code is located of application

Description of the limitation and why it is relevant to address

As a user of an application I want to know where I can find/request to get access to the source code so that I can inspect how the calculations are performed, therefore taking away the black box feeling that apps could have.

I think this is relevant for the VIKTOR platform because every user will probably be an engineer, and although engineers do not always have Python proficiency, they do prefer to check how calculations are done before using it to give peace of mind. Python is also easy to read, making it even more compelling to check out.

Submitter proposed design (optional)

Provide the developer a field where they can add a URL of the repository, which is then visible on the app details page.

Current workarounds

Currently one would add the URL in the description of an app, or in the interface of the editor.

Requested by

Darren L. and @miket

@ayse.heckel Iā€™m adding you to this feature request thread, as you mentioned that engineers would like to inspect the calculation, and therefore reporting is a high value functionality within all your apps. Giving them the source of the code might even be more ideal.

Certainly a good feature to have for better knowledge sharing!