Interactive Debugging πŸͺ²

Interactive Debugging :beetle:

You are now able to debug your application in development, using the debugging tool of your IDE (Integrated Development Environment)! All you need to do is reinstall your application to automatically install the viktor_debugging module, and configure your IDE by following the steps described here:
Development tools & tips - Interactive debugging | VIKTOR Documentation

We are supporting the following combinations of isolation mode and IDE:

• venv + PyCharm
  • venv + VSCode
  • docker + PyCharm (professional)
  • docker + VSCode
  • Gitpod

Happy bug hunting!

2 Likes

Please note that since CLI v0.23.0 the cli configuration file has a slightly different format. If you are still using an old viktor_debugging module, this results in:

"Could not find credentials (neither in VIKTOR config, nor environment variables)"

You will also need to upgrade to the latest viktor_debugging module, by re-installing of your app.

Hi there,

I am getting the following message when I try to run the debugger

I set up the debugger for conda venv + vscode. I tried to install the cli again in case there were upgrades missed, however, this did not help.

Hi MCAN

When you are developing using venv as isolation mode, the viktor-cli creates a venv directory in your app folder when installing the app. You should see the following:

~/Documents/generative_design/AI_program/ai_program_2022/venv

is that correct?

For the viktor_debugging module to be recognized it is important to point the Python interpreter to that specific venv instead of ..\Anaconda3\envs\....

1 Like

Yes that’s correct. After adjusting the path to the interpreter and setting my debugger working directory everything works fine thanks for your help.