Geometry mix-up in MapView when editing multiple GeoPolyLineFields

Which tool versions are you using?

SDK: 14.11.0
Platform: v24.07.2
Python: v3.10
Isolation mode: venv

Current Behavior

I have 2 GeoPolyLineFields. When I edit 1 but don’t save yet but activate edit mode of the second GeoPolyLineField and press save immediatly, the geometry of the second item becomes the edited geometry of the first item.

Reproduction steps:

1. Create a dynamic array with a GeoPolylineField and a MapView where you visualize the polylines.
  2. Create 2 rows the dynamic arraw and draw for both rows a line with the GeoPolylineField
  3. Enter edit mode of the polyline in the first row of the dynamic array. Make a geometry change BUT DON’T SAVE YET.
  4. Enter edit mode of the polyline in the second row of the dynamic array.
  5. Click save edits
  6. Observe that:
    6.1 The geometry of the first polyline remains the old geometry
    6.2 The geometry of the second polyline become the proposed geometry meant for polyline 2

Expected Behavior

Give a warning when you try to edit another GeoField when you still have pending edits of another field

Context (optional, but preferred)

One of our users discovered this when editing multiple geometries at once. Apparently editing multiple geometries at the same time without saving feels intuitive for the user. Or you have to support this or you have to give a warning.

Hi thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this!

Tiny question about your feedback, which of the two options you mentioned would you prefer / feels more intuitive:

1. A warning when you try to edit another GeoField
  2. Switch to the correct field and apply the modification there

I would prefer option 2.

Maybe some on that choice. I use a lot of GIS software. There you can start an edit session on multiple layers at the same time and also save all edit at the same time. I think that is the most intuitive for the end user.

Thanks we will take this into account!