Define custom mapPoint SVG icons

Description of the limitation and why it is relevant to address

As a developer want to define custom MapIcon icons so that we have more control about the looks of the map

I think this is relevant for the VIKTOR platform because it allows developers to personalize the maps shown in the mapview

Submitter proposed design (optional)

It would be nice to add custom as icon type. In another parameter, you should then be able to define a custom SVG for your map.

Current workarounds

None that I am aware of.

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the feature request. This is an issue which we’ve been tracking internally for a while already.

This would require some additional configuration from the developer of course. Or would you want the user to be able to upload their custom icon?

No, we as developer want to change the icons, not the user.

Maybe some background: We have an internal viewer at our company. We need to use some of that data in Viktor so we want to give it the same styling so that it is familiar for the users. For that, we want custom icons (svg) in our viktor map view.

Great, that’s clear thanks for the information.
I’ve explained your use-case in the internal issue as well and we’ll keep you up-to-date in this thread

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Do you have any updates on this feature request?
We also would like to adjust the icon of a MapIcon based on a image. It is fine for us to let the developers set the icon and not the users

As of now it has not been planned yet, so the in-discussion label still holds. But I’ll add your inquiry to the internal issue.

I saw you already did @wouterhouzr, but for anyone else visiting this Feature Request, be sure to vote on this request if you’d also like to see it implemented!!
You can vote on the top left of this thread.