Best way to parse DFoundations output

I am using GeoLib to run DFoundations analysis. I can create and run a model, and the output file looks as expected. I am looking for the best way to retrieve the information in python to create a bearing capacity plot for my app.

I am using the dedicated parser included in the SDK, as described here: Software integrations - D-Foundations | VIKTOR Documentation

Using this, I do get a parsed output, however, it takes so long that at first I thought my terminal got stuck. I am running a simple analysis with only one pile, the simulation itself takes about 3 seconds, so there is no reason the parsing should take over 2 minutes.

Furthermore, the output I do get is quite simple. For instance I get the PPN, the and the MaxShaft Forces, but nothing like a force for each depth. What would be an alternative approach?

1 Like

What is the size of the output file?

In the worst case, without filtering to reduce the number of soil layers it is 99,8 KB, I have no clue if that is big or small. But I expect that is too big then?

Hmm, when I do filter the soil layers, and only leave 6, I have a file of 82,0 KB, so the difference is not that big

That is small. Big would be in terms of MB.

The DFoundations OutputFileParser could be optimized quite a bit. I was thinking that you are probably near the memory limit but that should not happen with such a small file. To be sure, could you check out the memory usage when performing the parsing? This can be inspected by using docker stats in a second terminal.

1 Like

My memory usage seems fine (hovering around 50%) however my CPU usage goes up to 105-110% so I expect that the problem is there

I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem with @Puijterwaal (parsing took 2 seconds with the provided test files).